Greenwich and Lewisham’s two main food banks have appealed for plastic bags to help them pack vital supplies for people in need.
The two food banks, part of the Trussell Trust, are running low on good quality bags, so are asking anyone with spare bags to bring them in.
They can be dropped off at any of the food banks’ collection points.
Last year Greenwich Foodbank moved out of its premises on Orangery Lane in Eltham so the site can be redeveloped into council homes. The charity now works out of a shop unit in nearby Well Hall Road; it is accepting donations of money to buy food via Bankuet, a service which supplies items to foodbanks. You can also donate via JustGiving.
Lewisham Foodbank is based at the Hope Centre in Forest Hill, its website contains details of how to help.
- Local info: Greenwich | Lewisham | Bexley
- Got symptoms? Book a test now or call 119
- Not got symptoms? Book a fast test in Greenwich (Greenwich, Eltham, Charlton; open to all), Lewisham (Catford – critical workers only), Bexley (Bexleyheath and Erith – open to all)
- NHS advice | Stay at home | Wash your hands more often
- Official figures on virus spread
853 produces public interest journalism for Greenwich and SE London and is part-funded by its readers. If you would like to help keep it running, become a member:
- Join us on Steady at steadyhq.com/853 – donate monthly amounts in pounds
- Find us on PressPatron at presspatron.com/853 – donate monthly or annual amounts in pounds, or make a one-off donation
- We’re also on Patreon at patreon.com/853 – donate monthly amounts in dollars
- Buy the site editor a coffee (or other beverage) at ko-fi.com.
Thank you for your support – the site would not exist without it.